The map of the most secure parking lots for trucks in Spain
Based on the recommendations of the Spanish department responsible for transport, a list of the 20 most secure parking lots for trucks in the country has been drawn up. The Red Tortuga parking lot, now known as OnTurtle in the Catalan town of La Jonquera, has also been included in the list. Anyway, check it out yourself.
The Red Tortuga is the first Spanish parking lot for trucks to be certified by the Technology Asset Protections Association (TAPA) for a high level of security. The organisation certifies the most secure parking lots for trucks in Europe, which, as we know, are dramatically lacking.
The list of 20 parking lots with the highest level of security was created by the Spanish car insurance comparison engine Turboseguros.com. The facilities that have been included in it are supervised 24 hours a day, they are also fenced and monitored. This means that they meet the minimum security measures required by truck drivers.
The map of the most secure parking lots in Spain
85 parking spaces for trucks. Well lit. There is also a restaurant and hotel with 16 rooms.
2. Parking BRIN Granada in Peligros in the province of Granada (access from the A-44 motorway).
The parking lot offers 180 parking spaces for trucks, including ADR. Note – parking space can be booked in advance. There are restaurants, a workshop, car wash and showers.
62 parking spaces for trucks. A parking lot with booking system. Facilities for drivers – a café, restaurant, grocery store, car wash and toilets with showers for drivers.
4. Repsol Security Parking Zaragoza Plaza at Avenida Diagonal Plaza 13 in Zaragoza.
The parking lot offers 50 parking spaces for trucks on the route along the A-2 motorway. It is located next to one of the most important logistic areas. It is possible to book a parking space in advance. Facilities for drivers: a petrol station, refreshments and shops.
5. Repsol Security Parking Mirabueno by the National road in Mirabueno, Guadalajara province.
A parking lot for 100 vehicles. With a petrol station, café, restaurant and grocery store. There is also a shower at the drivers’ disposal.
6. Parking at the Benavente Transport Center in Benavente, Zamora Province, A6.
A parking lot with 140 parking spaces. There is a petrol station, workshop, electrical outlets and car washes near the parking lot.
7. Repsol Security Parking Valdecarpinteros in Valdecarpinteros in the Salamanca province on the N620 road.
The area is not large, only for 25 trucks, but it meets the minimum security requirements. Supervised 24 hours a day, has an alarm system. Drivers can also visit a petrol station, café and shop.
8. Repsol Security Parking Fontioso in Fontioso, Burgos Province on the National road N-I.
The parking lot can accommodate up to 90 trucks. A space can be booked in advance. Here you can find a petrol station, café, toilets with showers.
9. Parking lot for trucks at Exit 3 AP-7 in Llers, Girona (Exit 3 from the AP-7 motorway in the direction of La Jonquera).
A parking lot with 340 spaces, including ADR. It is one of the largest and most important facilities in the Spanish road infrastructure. Located near the French border, it is supervised 24 hours a day, including police supervision. Here you can find a preselection weight, electrical sockets for cooling trailers, car wash and laundry.
10. A parking lot for trucks at the Can Calderón station in Sant Boi de Llobregat at A-2
159 parking spaces, fenced and monitored. A space on the facility premises can be booked in advance.
11. Can Nadal Service Area parking lot for trucks in Lliçà de Vall (Barcelona) on the N-152 road.
136 spaces for trucks, with a petrol station, car wash, café and grocery store. Fenced and supervised.
12. Truck Park Montseny in Llinars del Vallés at AP-7.
A parking lot for 122 trucks with 24-hour supervision. In the area of the facility you can use the toilets with shower, laundry, electric socket, rest room, petrol station, restaurants and car repair shop.
13. Truck Park Porta Barcelona in Castellbisbal on the AP-7 toll motorway.
56 spaces, fenced, supervised and equipped with an alarm system. In the parking lot there is a restaurant, shop, laundry, workshop and sanitary facilities with showers.
14. Benzinera Red Tortuga (La Jonquera Service Area).
A parking lot certified by TAPA for 73 trucks. One of the most secure in the European Union. In the area of the complex there are numerous facilities for truck drivers: electricity spots for cooling trailers, restaurants, cafés, shops, hotels.
15. Repsol Security Parking La Jonquera, by the National road N-II.
140 parking spaces for trucks, a place with an alarm system. Here you will find a restaurant, hotel, laundry, supermarket and sanitary facilities with showers.
16. Repsol Security Parking Albatera at San Isidro de Albatera in Alicante.
There is an advanced monitoring system in the facility. Each vehicle entering or leaving the facility is recorded. In addition to the petrol station, this secure parking lot for trucks also has a restaurant and a grocery store. The facility will have enough space for 90 trucks.
17. Repsol Security Parking Venta del Moro in Caudete de las Fuentes (Valencia province).
The parking lot is not large, as it is suitable for 20 trucks. It offers catering services and free Wi-Fi. In addition, there is a petrol station and showers.
18. Repsol Security Parking Mérida in Mérida (Badajoz province), about 60 km from the Portuguese border.
The facility is not large, it has 37 parking spaces. There is a café and a shop here. In addition, you can enjoy free Wi-Fi. The drivers can also use toilets with showers.
19. La Ciudad del Transporte de Molina de Segura in Molina de Segura (Murcia province).
175 parking spaces, service station, truck wash, workshop and restaurant. 65 kilometers from the coast
20. Parking Transport City of Pamplona at Plaza de Europa, 3 in Imarcoain, Navarra province.
The parking lot is very large, it can accommodate up to 479 trucks, including ADR. A space can be booked in advance. In the complex you can use a petrol station, café, restaurant, hotel and grocery store.
Free application for truck drivers
There are many more secure parking lots in Europe. On the road or during transport planning, it is worth using a tool that allows you to check for available parking spaces throughout the EU. The TransParking application is not only one of the largest car park databases. It also helps to find information about facilities for professional drivers.