Driving bans on Corpus Christi. Check where the restrictions apply
In some EU countries, 11 June is celebrated as Corpus Christi. It is a day off from work and therefore, during this time, heavy goods vehicle traffic is limited in some countries.
Every year during the Corpus Christi holiday there are restrictions on heavy goods vehicle traffic. This year, due to the widespread COVID-19 pandemic, some countries have abandoned bans or canceled restrictions. See where exactly the restrictions will apply.
10 June, Wednesday – the eve of Corpus Christi
In Croatia, the ban is already in force from 3 p.m. and will last until 11 p.m. Restrictions apply to all trucks and convoys with a GVW of more than 7.5 t and trucks and vehicles with trailers of an overall length of more than 14 m. This restriction covers certain road sections indicated below.
– D 8 – (intersection D8/D40 in Bakar) – Zadar – Split – Klek (border with Bosnia and Hercegovina) – Zaton Doli (border with Bosnia and Hercegovina) – Dubrovnik – Karasovići (border with Montenegro). Exception: from intersection with D27 at Šibenik bridge to the eastern entrance to Šibenik, from the Bilice roundabout in Solin to the intersection with trade-transport terminal in Stobreč
– D 9 – Metković – Opuzen – intersection D9/D8
– D 21 – Kaštel (border with Slovenia) – Buje – Kanfanar. Exception: section between Kanfanar interchange to Pula (junction D21/D66)
– D 23 – Žuta Lokva – Senj
– D 39 – roundabout in Šestanovac – intersection with D8 in Dupci
– D 66 – Pula (intersection D66/A9) – Raša – Opatija – intersection with D8
– D 200 – Buje – Plovanija (border with Slovenia)
– D 300 – Buje – Umag
– Ž5002 – Novigrad – Tar – Poreč – Vrsar (intersection with D21)
– on the territory of state ferry port in Split
– on the territory of state ferry port in Zadar
Corpus Christi – Thursday, June 11
In Austria, the limitation will last from midnight to 10 p.m. and will cover vehicles with trailers with a GVW of the vehicle or trailers over 3.5 t, lorries and articulated vehicles with a GVW of more than 7.5 t.
In Croatia, on Corpus Christi Day, the ban will run from 14 to 23 on the same routes as the day before.
Poland introduces a traffic ban from 8 a.m. till 10 p.m. for all trucks with a GVW of over 12 tones. Foreign drivers are excluded from this restriction.
A ban on heavy goods vehicles with a GVW of 7.5 t or more will apply on the Brenner motorway. The ban will last between 00 and 22.
In Germany, due to the prevailing pandemic, bans on heavy goods vehicles were suspended in the Länder where they were in force the year before. This means that the following federal states can be crossed without restrictions:
The difficulties in the Mont Blanc tunnel
In June and July, maintenance work on the Mont Blanc tunnel will take place. As the manager of GEIE TMB has informed, on certain days, including Corpus Christi, there will be shuttle traffic in the tunnel and toll gates will be closed.
Maintenance work to limit traffic will take place on days:
– from 09 to 11 June,
– from 23rd to 25th June,
– from 07 to 09 July.
During these days the toll gates will be closed:
– towards Italy:
from 10:30pm to 11pm,
from 11.30 p.m. to 0.45 a.m,
from 1.30 to 2.45,
from 3.30 to 4.45,
from 5.15 to 6.
– towards France:
from 10.30 p.m. to 11.45 p.m,
from 0.30 to 1.45,
from 2.30 to 3.45,
from 4.30 to 5.30.
Additionally, please note that on the following days the tunnel remains completely closed:
– 22 June (Monday) from 19:00 to 6 am of the following day,
– 6 July (Monday) from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. of the following day