Summer bans on heavy goods vehicles in 2020. List of countries with additional restrictions
Since 26 June, holiday restrictions on truck traffic began to apply in Poland. Additional bans also apply in other countries in Europe and third countries.
During the holiday season, many countries have additional truck traffic restrictions in place. Here is a list of the most popular destinations where they apply.
In Poland, the holiday bans apply to vehicles with gross vehicle weight (hereinafter GVW) over 12 tones and are valid from 26 June to 30 August. The restrictions take place on the following days:
– on Fridays from 6 pm to 10 pm
– on Saturdays from 8 to 14
– on Sundays from 8 to 22.
Summer bans in Germany were introduced for the period from 1 July to 31 August. They are valid on Saturdays from 7 to 8 pm and apply to certain motorways and federal roads (>>> list of banned roads).
However, the same rules do not apply everywhere. 8 German Länder have suspended the truck traffic restrictions until 31 August: Baden-Württemberg, Lower Saxony, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Rhineland-Palatinate (here, exceptionally, bans suspended until 29 August), North Rhine-Westphalia, Saxony-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein, Thuringia.
Holiday and Sunday truck bans also apply in Hessen and Baden-Württemberg.
The French authorities have decided to re-establish restrictions on lorry traffic. Driving bans were resumed between 7 and 19 on the following Saturdays:
– 25 July,
– August 1st,
– August 8th,
– August 22nd,
– August 29th.
In Italy, the restrictions apply to trucks with a GVW of 7.5 t or more. Apart from the holiday restrictions and the ban on driving on Sundays from 7 to 10 p.m., trucks will not be allowed to participate in the traffic also on Fridays and Saturdays. A full list of dates with the hours below:
– 24 and 31 July (Fridays) – 16 to 22 hours,
– every Saturday of the month from 8 to 16.
– 1 August (Saturday) from 8 am to 4 pm,
– 7 August (Friday) from 4 to 10 pm,
– 8 August (Saturday) from 8 am to 10 pm,
– August 14th (Friday) from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m,
– August 15th (Saturday) from 7 am to 10 pm,
– 22 and 29 August (Saturdays) from 8 am to 4 pm.
Catalonia has renewed traffic bans on the N-240 and N-340. The renewed restrictions only apply to heavy goods vehicles with 4 axles and more and with GVW over 26 tones. Restrictions were also renewed on the N-II between 773,5 km (La Jonquera) and 709 km (Fornells de la Selva).
In the Czech Republic, seasonal restrictions will start on 1 July and end on 31 August. During this period, the new restrictions will apply:
– on Fridays from 17 to 21.
– on Saturdays from 7 to 13.
The ban applies to trucks and sets of vehicles with a GVW of over 7.5 t. During the indicated hours they will not be allowed to drive on motorways, expressways and first class roads.
>>> List of safe parking places for trucks in the Czech Republic.
The situation in Hungary is slightly more complicated. Here summer restrictions apply from 1 July to 31 August, from 3 pm on Saturdays to 10 pm on Sundays. This does not apply, however, to vehicles going from the Hungarian border to their premises or to the first place of unloading or loading.
On the following routes, however, the restrictions apply to everyone without exception:
– The M7 motorway,
– main road No. 2 between Budapest and Parassapo,
– 2A main road,
– main road 6 between Dunaujvaros and Budapest,
– main road 7,
– main road 10 between Dorog and Budapest,
– main road 11 between Esztergom and Budapest,
– main road 12,
– road 1201,
– main road No 51 from its intersection with main road 510 to Dömsöd,
– main road 71,
– a section of main road No 76 between its intersection with main road No 71 and main road No 7,
– a section of main road No 76 between Zalaapáti and main road No 71,
– main road 55 between Alsónyék and Baja,
– main road No 82 between main road No 8 and Veszprémvarsány,
– main road No 84 between Sümeg and main road No 71,
– main road 33 between Dormánd and Debrecen,
– Main road No 86 between Janossomorja and Nemesböd and between Körmend and Zalabaksa,
– main road No. 37 between Miscalc and Satoraljaujhely,
– main road 38 from its intersection with main road 37 to Rakamaz.
Summer bans apply from the last weekend in June to the first weekend in September (on Saturdays from 8 to 13 hours and on Sundays, holidays and public holidays from 8 to 21). From 6 to 16 on Saturdays and from 8 to 22 on Sundays and public holidays, restrictions apply on the following road sections:
– A1 Ljubljana (Kozarje) – Razdrto – Divača – Kozina – Klanec – Srmin
– R2-409 Ljubljana (Vič) – Vrhnika – Logatec
– G2-102 Carbon paper – Logatec
– R2-409 Kalce – Postojna – Razdrto – Divača – Črni Kal
– R1-208 Črni Kal – Kortine
– R2-409 Kortine – Rižana – Srmin
– H5 Škofije – Koper (Scotland)
– H6 Koper (Scotland – Žusterna)
– R2-406 Dekani – Škofije
– R3-741 Dekani – Priključek Pristanišče Koper
– G2-111 Koper – Mp Sečovlje
– G1-11 Koper (Pristanišče Koper) – Šmarje – Mp Dragonja
– G1-6 The Illyrian Bistrica, Mp Jelšane.
In Ukraine, summer restrictions apply from 1 June to the end of summer. The bans apply:
– vehicles with a GVW load of more than 24 tones and those with a load of more than 7 tones per axle
– of all public roads from 10 to 10 p.m. to 10 p.m., but only if the temperature exceeds 28 degrees C.
Vehicles transporting perishable products, live animals, ADR loads and means of transport that remove obstacles after road accidents are exempt from the restrictions.
Holiday restrictions in Belarus last from 1 July to 20 September. The ban on movement applies when the temperature exceeds 25°C. Restrictions apply only from 11 am to 8 pm and only to trucks whose axle load exceeds 6 t.
Exceptions are trucks transporting live animals, flowers, humanitarian loads, bituminous and concrete mass, dangerous loads, grains, milk, milk products, etc.
The Crimean authorities introduced traffic restrictions until August 31. The ban will apply only when the temperature exceeds 32 degrees Celsius and only between 10 and 10 pm.
In Russia the restrictions depend on the authorities of individual regions and cities, so we encourage you to observe the changes on an ongoing basis. The Bans For Trucks application contains all current bans and restrictions on roads.
The season of summer restrictions in Kazakhstan lasts from 1 June. The bans apply to vehicles whose axle load exceeds 6 t and on those days when the temperature exceeds 25°C. Depending on the region, the time of validity and date of termination of the bans is different:
– until 15 August from 11 to 21 in the Akmola, Aktobe, East Kazakhstan, West Kazakhstan, Karaganda, Kustanay, Pavlodar, North Kazakhstan regions.
– until 31 August from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Almaty, Atyrau, Shymkent, Karaganda, Kyzylorda, Mangystau, Turkestani districts.