HGV bans in August 2020
The Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is celebrated in many European Union countries on 15 August. As a result, additional bans on truck traffic will apply from 14 August. See where exactly.
14 August, the day before the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
In Croatia, the restrictions apply from 15:00 to 23:00 and include trucks and sets with a GVW of more than 7.5 t and trucks and vehicles with trailers more than 14 m long. The ban applies only on the following roads:
– D 8 – (intersection D8/D40 in Bakar) – Zadar – Split – Klek (border with Bosnia and Hercegovina) – Zaton Doli (border with Bosnia and Hercegovina) – Dubrovnik – Karasovići (border with Montenegro). Exception: from intersection with D27 at Šibenik bridge to the eastern entrance to Šibenik, from the Bilice roundabout in Solin to the intersection with trade-transport terminal in Stobreč
– D 9 – Metković – Opuzen – intersection D9/D8
– D 21 – Kaštel (border with Slovenia) – Buje – Kanfanar. Exception: section between Kanfanar interchange to Pula (junction D21/D66)
– D 23 – Žuta Lokva – Senj
– D 39 – roundabout in Šestanovac – intersection with D8 in Dupci
– D 66 – Pula (intersection D66/A9) – Raša – Opatija – intersection with D8
– D 200 – Buje – Plovanija (border with Slovenia)
– D 300 – Buje – Umag
– Ž5002 – Novigrad – Tar – Poreč – Vrsar (intersection with D21)
– on the territory of state ferry port in Split
– on the territory of state ferry port in Zadar
The ban applies from 10 p.m. to midnight and applies to trucks and sets with a GVW of over 7.5 tons. Exceptions are special vehicles and agricultural tractors.
In Luxembourg on that day, drivers will not drive from 21:30 to 24 towards France and from 23:30 to 24 towards Germany. The restriction applies to vehicles with a GVW above 7,5 t.
From 6 pm to 10 pm. The ban applies to trucks and assemblies with a GVW (gross vehicle weight) over 12 t.
15 August, Feast of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
The ban is valid from 0:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and applies to vehicles with a tractor or trailer DMC over 3.5 t as well as trucks with a GVW over 7.5 t.
In Croatia, the ban is valid from 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm. The ban applies to the same roads as the day before.
The French introduced restrictions from 0:00 to 10:00 pm on 15 August. A special Parisian ban will also apply 24 hours a day.
In the direction of France it is forbidden from 0:00 to 24, and in the direction of Germany from 0:00 to 21:45 and from 23:30 to 24.
From 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. The ban does not apply to certain types of vehicles, which is more detailed in the Bans For Trucks application.
From 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. This restriction applies to vehicles with a GVW above 7,5 t. The ban applies to the most important national roads, there is also another ban from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. and covers only the following roads:
– A1-E61/70 Ljubljana – Koper
– A3-E70 Divaca (Gabrk) – Fernetici (Fernetti)
– G1-11 Dill – Dragonja
– G1-6 Postojna – Jelsane
19 and 20 August
On these days, an additional traffic restriction is in force in Hungary, where St. Stephen’s Day, the patron saint of Hungary, is celebrated. On 19 August, from 10 p.m. to 24 p.m. (the ban applies to heavy goods vehicles with a GVW of over 7.5 t), and on 20 August, from 0:00 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Download the Bans For Trucks application and keep up to date with all truck bans and restrictions in Europe.